Monday, June 6, 2016

My Top 4 Fitness/Health Apps



Every time I want a new app  for any reason, I get on the app store and download a lot of apps that might work for that specific task. Early this year, Blake and I decided that we really need to get to work on our weight and start exercising. Not only did we take over a gym membership for a friend, but we decided to get fitbits and work out clothes and apps. These are the apps that made it through my test of what I preferred and got to stay.


1.) My Fitness Pal
             This app is great for helping you track your exercise and calories. Lots of times you can just search what you did or ate and there's already a pre-programed name, estimated time or amount of calories for each serving. I really love this app for how easy it is to use and navigate through. You can also set your goals on there to help you stay on track.


2.) Fitbit
             The Fitbit app is essential to all who own a Fitbit. It allows you to track everything that is included in the Fitbit you purchased. I got the Fitbit Flex because, at the time, I just wanted to monitor my steps, sleep, exercise and calories burned. I now realize that I would rather have had the ChargeHR+ like my fiance because it also tracks your heart rate and displays the number of the person calling you on your phone. This app is very easy to use and navigate as well. My favorite feature is the challenges you can bestow upon your Fitbit buddies. There are several to choose from and help push you to achieve your goals.


3.) First Opinion
             This app is one of my favorites because I get to talk to a doctor, one-on-one, about anything medical that comes up. I can explain to them what's going on and ask for advice as to what I should do. This app was created to give a first opinion as to whether or not you really need to go see a doctor, or if I can easily take care of the issue myself at home. It's made for those who don't want to spend money on going to a doctor for heartburn as an example. It's really helped me through a few moments in the last year.


4) MapMyRide
              This last app is great for those who love to ride their bikes. You open it when you are about to start and when you hit the start button, it will track where you have been until you are done. You can even pause it if say you rode you bike to town to run some errands and then continue when you start up again. Once you get back home you just just press the finish button and answer a few questions as to how the ride was. It will ask you if it was windy or not, and if there were a lot of inclines/declines during you ride, to help you figure out how many calories you burned as well. This comes in handy for putting your exercise entries in on the My Fitness Pal and Fitbit apps. I enjoy looking at the map after my ride to see what my ride looks like.

       What apps do you use? Do you use any of the ones I've mentioned above? If so, what do you think of them? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below! Want to see more? Follow me on twitter at @TheMochaowl11. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment