Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Blake's Proposal


       I had waited years for this day to finally happen and I was so happy when it did. On Christmas Eve, Blake and I got back from the church service and decided to play games and watch movies until midnight. We had slept most the day away and we weren’t really tired, so we figured, why not. We were watching the nativity movie while playing the game life. When the movie was over, it was just past midnight. We knew that we were going to want to sleep in, but also had to be over at Blake’s grandparent’s house that morning too. So, we decided to go ahead and open presents. With it being our first year, there wasn’t much under the tree. A lot of the wrapped gifts were just empty boxes for decoration. Blake opened the dominos, beard oil and robe that I got him and I opened my stocking filled with candy canes! Then he pulled out a large wrapped box and handed it to me. I unwrapped it and inside was a smaller box, in that another, and another. This went on until the boxes couldn’t get any smaller. The last box was one of my boxes from the jewelry company I sell for, and when I opened it, there was nothing in there! Blake was so confused and then realized that he had wrapped the wrong box! I of course started laughing uncontrollably since that box had been sitting under the tree since it had been put up and decorated, and the whole time the last box was the wrong one! Blake told me to close my eyes while he fixed the issue. When he had me open them, I looked down and there he was on one knee and asked me to marry him. I excitedly said yes and began to cry tears of joy as I gave him a big hug. He then told me that he wrapped it like that on purpose and had the ring in his pocket the entire time. That was by far the best present I have ever received. I look forward to becoming his wife next year and spending the rest of my life with him. <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment