Thursday, June 16, 2016

Jesse

       A little over a year ago, my family had to say goodbye to a member of our family. Her name was Jesse. She had been with us for 14 years and in the end got a tumor on her tongue. It caused her to stop eating, which was a huge thing for her, and she just wasn't herself at all. It was the hardest day of my life. I had gotten so angry with God because I felt it was his job to take everyone and everything on to the after life. I felt like I killed her and felt that way for a few weeks. I now realize that we helped her by taking away her pain. We believe that Jesse even knew what was going on when it happened because she was purring until the end. We loved her so much, so it was hard for all of us, but we know she's in a better place now.

       My brother and I were really little when we first saw Jesse. Jesse also had a brother which was later named Woody from the Toy Story series. Our family was carving pumpkins for halloween at a family friends house. Jesse and Woody had been dumped at their house by some people that did not want them. Usually, my brother and I would be all over getting our pumpkins carved, but this time we were too interested in finding and playing with the cats. Of course it was natural that we beg our parents that we take them home and keep them. I can't remember when exactly it happened, but they did end up being our cats.

       Sadly, Woody ended up running away. It's been so long that I don't remember how long we had him before he disappeared, but my brother will never forget letting him outside and then never returning. It was a devastating toll on my brother and it still bothers him to this day.

       I have many stories involving Jesse and will be posting them one at a time as time goes bye. In the image below, you we see her just before we took her in to the vet to say our final goodbyes. She had always acted like a queen so I took my bracelet off and put it on her head as a crown for this picture. We miss you Jesse and love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment