Saturday, June 4, 2016

Most Proud Moment

     
       It was just a little over a year ago when my little brother was a freshman, going to be a sophomore, trying out for drum major. The school year was almost over, and the band banquet for recognition and reveal of the new drum major was coming up. There were three final candidates and my brother, Jackson, was one of them. I wasn't going to miss this for the world! I had a very strong feeling that my brother was going to win the position, so I cut classes that evening to see this amazing moment in his life.
      Like my dad, Jackson plays the trombone, and he wasn't too excited about not playing it in marching band anymore, but he was really driven to being drum major. The whole family, church and school friends were encouraging for the idea the entire way. I remembered when I was his age and had thought about drum major myself, but I loved my quints too much to do so.
      On the night of the banquet, we all got dressed up fairly nice and enjoyed the meal that was prepared for all that attended. We all had our eyes on Jackson while we ate to make sure that he wouldn't spill anything on his white shirt and blue tie. He was so nervous! After the meal, they started recognitions. I love how the school makes it priority that each student gets recognized for something they have accomplished so that no one is left out. With it being a pretty good sized band, this took awhile to get through.
       Then came the results for drum major! The students and teachers had all put in their votes and we were all very anxious to hear who won. Jackson made it a point that night to wish good luck to the other two kids who had tried out as well. I pulled out my phone and started to record, but it had said that my storage was too full to use for a video. Thank goodness dad had his all set and caught the moment where they had announced my brother's name to be the next drum major! I managed to go through my phone and delete unnecessary photos and apps to open up more space for anymore videos and photos for this night. I was able to catch the moment when the current drum majors saluted Jackson which you can see in the video below.
I don't think I have ever been more proud than like I was with my little brother that night, and I still am. He has two more years of high school left and is involved in so many school activities to where it's hard to get ahold of him. Especially now that we no longer live under the same roof, let alone the same state. But, I will take what I can get. I love you so much bud!
What's your most proud moment? Is it shared with a relative or friend? Comment below your reply. Want to see more? Follow me on twitter at @TheMochaowl11. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment