Sunday, May 29, 2016

Small home living - entry

       One of the first things people see when they walk in the door is where they put their coats, hats, and shoes. Now considering my entry way and living room are all one thing, I try to make sure the entire area looks nice. Today I am going to show you the entry way of the living room and how I try and make a good first impression at the door.
       This image was taken about a month after we moved in, so it was still a work in progress. As you can see, I added cubbies at the bottom for shoes, hung up a hook for coats at hats, and a note board for mail, keys and what not. This did not last for long because there was no spots for my bags and not enough spots for hats either. It got cluttered too easily for me.
       So This is what it is now! I added more cubbies for my bags (I know, I have a lot, but you gotta be prepared! lol). I got some removable, sticky hooks for all of our hats and for the grocery bags. There's even room to place a picture, keys and a loose change jar. The slots for the mail did not work out since I originally did not know that there wasn't anything to keep the mail from falling into the slot below.
       This area here is right next to the entry way. I really like this area a lot because the piano bench is a great place to sit while you put on your shoes, or take them off. It also gives my owl pillow a place to sit! On either side of the bench is a book shelf. One is actually holding books, while the other is holding movies. If you don't have enough to fill up every shelf, you create the opportunity to display your knick knacks, alternating sides of the books, movies, CD's, records, whatever you've got on the shelves. You can also make it look more appealing by having some standing up and then some on their side to fill the gaps. I did a little of both. I was even able to hide the air freshener too! It's in the top right corner and looks like it belongs there! 
       Want to see more of what goes on in the house of The Mocha Owl family? Follow me on twitter at @TheMochaowl11

No comments:

Post a Comment