Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Simple Texts of Caring

       Is there someone in your life who has been feeling pretty blue lately? Do you want to help cheer them up but don’t know what to do or say? Try a simple text image in the morning.

       My parents both seemed to be pretty down in the dumps a few months before I was to move out and about several things. As their child, it was really hard to see them like that and I wanted to do everything I could to fix it, but that wasn’t my responsibility and to be honest, it was way out of my hands. So, I gave it all to God and tried to think of something small that I could easily do to at least make the effort.

       I got a text from my fiancé one morning just saying that he loved me and wishing me a good day. I believe just that little text made my day, or at least put it to a great start. I began to think of how good it feels to wake up to a message from someone saying they cared and that gave me an idea. I decided to send my parents an inspirational quote or image to them every morning to make sure they knew that even though the day was just another day, they would know that I love them and wish them a good day.

       Now I am not much of a morning person, so, what I would do was I would wait until everyone was asleep and send the message then. I knew they wouldn’t look at it until morning and maybe not until later in the day, but they would get it eventually and see the message at the right time. Usually I would send them separate messages to go along with what their day was going to be like. For example, my dad is a pastor and if he had to travel for a meeting the next day, I would send him a message about going out and seising the day, go make a difference, something like that. My mom was struggling on getting a job at the time so I would send her messages of encouragement and inspiration. After a while, my mom started sending me messages back! They would be little images that say I love you or have a good day, or even just an image of an animal making a silly face. Granted she didn’t send them via text message, cause she couldn’t figure it out, but sent them by email, and that works too.


       Not only did sending them messages each day put a smile on their faces, it put me in a better state of mind myself. Even though it was just a little old text message, I still felt like I was really making a difference in how we would start our day. Maybe you know a few people could use something like that in their morning. Just imagine, if everyone were to choose at least one person to message to each morning, what the world would be like. Who knows what all a simple task like that could do. Just choose someone you would like to brighten their day, just because, and feel the joy of possibly making their day. I will warn you though, the feeling is pretty contagious!



No comments:

Post a Comment