Friday, July 8, 2016

She was lost but then was found

It's cat post Friday! As you have seen in my past post, I had a cat named Jesse. I am going to tell you a story about her today, and it's a good one! I know because I use it for young authors and got awards for it....in elementary school...yep! It really is good though, I promise.


One summer, my family had just got back from our vacation and the cat sitter was there waiting for us to return keys and catch us up. Everything was great until she mentioned that Jesse was let out as usual, but never came back. Jesse was missing! As a kid I was very upset. I had thought that we had left this person in charge of my cat and she failed! I think I even made her cry... As an adult, I know now that it could have happened to anyone, even myself, especially given that Jesse was both an indoor/outdoor cat. So she could just leave whenever if she really wanted to.
We went looking everywhere for her. We hung posters of her missing and would call out her name. It felt like we did this for hours, day after day and we could not find her anywhere. I would even call for her when we would be driving to the grocery store, or on the way to a friends house. One day, we got a call from someone at the grocery store saying that they thought they saw her out back. Mom and I drove out there to see if she was there, but had no luck.
As the days turned in to weeks, I began to prepare myself for the fact that she might never come back, and we may never find her. I had a girl scout camp coming up for a week and that really helped get my mind off of Jesse. I went to so many camps as a kid that I don't even remember which one it was exactly for this particular year. I just remember coming home to my dad in my face with the video camera, my brother Jack bouncing on the living room couch filled with excitement, and me thinking "why in the world is dad recording my reaction to a clean living room." That's when I saw Jesse sitting atop my dad's recliner! I ran up to her and gave her a great big hug! The moment I remember most, is that when I hugged her, I felt one of her paws wrap around me and hugged me back! I couldn't believe it! I kept asking "Is that my cat? Jesse?!" and "How?!" My mom had said that a few nights ago, as she was about to turn the lights out for the night, she heard picking on the screen window, just like Jesse always did when she was ready to come inside. Mom opened the door, and there she was, like nothing had changed! Jesse was back home! She had lost a bit of weight, but she was home and she was ok.
Jesse had been missing for 66 days and she came back home all on her own. She was an amazing cat and I love her so. After all the excitement of her return, I concluded the video with songs I had learned from camp (annoying ones too in fact). Anyone remember Baby Shark? Lol

Like what you see? Make sure and subscribe to stay up to date with my posts!!! Want more? Follow me on twitter at @TheMochaowl11!

No comments:

Post a Comment